2018-05-30 11:50:00 CEST
Because our pros are #BeachStrong
We recently chatted to our athletes about the lengths that they go to maintain their fitness levels, stay on top of their game, and also how they avoid getting injured mid-season at all costs. We all know how injury can be just about the worst thing that can happen to an athlete. In terms of playing at your peak at pro level, practice and perfecting your techniques are just as important as keeping healthy and fit, in other words, staying #BeachStrong.
Here are 10 pics of our athletes pushing themselves to their limits, displaying mastery of their craft and embodying #BeachStrong on the court:
1. It’s all about the right mind-set, being ready for anything. Being present.
2. Making sure you’re always on the same page as your teammate, #BeachStrong also means #TeamStrong.
3. Remembering to start with the basics. Serving like a boss starts with making sure you’re prepared like a boss.
4. #BeachStrong means giving it all you got. Look at that shoulder rotation range.
5. Get your serve-receive right. Sometimes that ball is travelling at record speed. Getting control of that ball so that you can turn it into a good play can make or break your game.
6. Always be ready to set your partner.
7. And when the serve-receive doesn’t go according to plan, make sure you’re ready to shank – because the ball stays in no matter what.
8. Just be ready to blast that ball back where it came from.
9. Block! Be the gatekeeper, the guard, the impenetrable wall that nothing can pass through if someone dares to blast a ball back at you.
10. And finally, know when to take five. You’re putting your body through the wringer. Know when to call time – staying #BeachStrong is also about giving yourself a break.
Our athletes work all year round on and off the court at keeping #BeachStrong. This includes all aspects of their lives, from diet to exercise regimens to resting and going on well-deserved rests aka holidays. This helps them be the best that they can be. These pics are just a few examples of how hard work pays off. These pics embody the results of being #BeachStrong.
For full #BeachStrong video, click here.
Beach elite head to China for crucial four-star action
Youth Olympians become youngest ever World Tour winners
The week in the sands of the world
World Tour winners and joy in Joao Pessoa