2017-05-04 09:00:00 CEST
In a galaxy far, far away, or in an alternate universe, where all beach volleyball players are actually Jedi, fighting (with the Rebellion) against Imperial ‘dark’ forces, who’ve taken over the Center Court in order to bring back freedom and justice. Too much? Okay, we’ll stop there: Here are 8 (that's 4x2) photos where it looks like beach volleyballs are floating mid-air, as if being controlled by the force - all in honour of Star Wars Day; May the 4th be with you.
1. Clemens controlling this ball with his mind
2. When you’re fully committed to beach volleyball but not committed at all to being evil
3. Casey Patterson fighting the temptation to go over to the dark side
4. The force is strong with this one
6. Who needs a lightsabre anyway?
7. “If no mistake you have made, yet losing you are. A different game you should play” – Yoda
8. Darth Maul hasn’t got anything on this gal.
The week in the sands of the world
The best spikers in the world open up about what it takes to hit the ball in great fashion - and score...
Stoyanovskiy and Krasilnikov defeated Thole and Wickler in a gold medal match for the third time to win...
The Germans won their first title together and finished the season at the top of the podium in Rome